- Qualified as a medical doctor with MBChB in 1981 (then University of Natal in Durban).
- General practitioner in private practice (based in Gelvandale, Port Elizabeth) since 1983.
- Internship: Livingstone Hospital: 1982.
- Medical officer: Livingstone Hospital: 1 January 1983 to 30 June 1983.
- Completed the construction of the multi-disciplinary healthcare centre (Famhealth Medipark) in Gelvandale on 28 November 2008.
- Attended Chatsworth High School in Durban: Matriculated in 1975. Was Head Prefect.
- Attended the Rotary Leadership Course in 1974.
- Wife: Alexandra: qualified nursing sister and stay at home mother.
- Son: Prinesh: 29 years old: University of Cape Town Business Science graduate and Chartered Accountant; Regulatory Analyst at Santam Insurance Head Office in Cape Town, South Africa
- Son: Kamlin: 25 years old: Dentist: qualified at University of Western Cape and working in Durban.
- Leelavathie Moodley: eldest sister owns a clothing factory in Durban (with her husband)
- Kesval Govender: elder brother: principal of Woolhope High School in Malabar, Port Elizabeth.
- Kogilambal Govender: younger sister: qualified free lance dress designer in Durban.
- Loganathan Govender: younger brother: medical doctor in Hamilton, New Zealand.
Current positions held:
- Owner and managing director of Famhealth Medipark in Gelvandale, PE.
- Member of the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Council.
- Board member of the Northern Areas Development Trust (NAPDI).
- CEO and Chairperson of Ecipa Healthcare: an organisation of 90 medical doctors in PE.
- Executive chairman of BOPHELA Investments, a national broad based black economic empowerment company with 208 medical professionals as shareholders.
- Director of South African Managed Care Cooperative, a national general practitioner organisation of 3500 doctors.
- Committee member: National Convention on Dispensing.
- Member of the Medscheme National Independent Practitioner Association Forum
- Member of the Discovery Health National Advisory Board.
Awards and acknowledgements: articles and photos viewable on my Linked In profile.
- Herald-GM Citizen of the Year 2011 in the category of Sustainable Development.
- Award for Service during the Northern Areas Uprising in 1990.
- The Herald Newspaper Hero of the Day on 3 occasions: 2011, 2014 and 2015
- PE Rotary Club: Citation for Meritorius Service in PE: 2015
- South Medical Association Spirit of Medicine Award: 19 September 2015
- Documentary on Famhealth by Discovery Health. Viewable on You Tube. “Starting a Healthcare Revolution” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di1BJLeRHsY&t=33s